When you first receive a Sperti Vitamin D Lamp or a Fiji Sun Tanning Lamp, the bulbs may need to be ‘re-ignited’. During the shipping process, the filament in the bulbs can settle which can cause the lights to flicker and/or not completely turn on. If this happens, it is really easy to fix. If your light is not turning on right away, there are a few things you’ll want to check before reigniting the bulbs:
- Check to be sure the tubes have not become “dislodged”. If so, please reinstall the tubes.
- Check plug for a snug fit into the appliance – thoroughly inserted into the unit.
- Confirm electric outlet is energized.
Once you know the unit is plugged in correctly and the bulbs are fully installed, if it is still not turning on you will need to ignite the bulbs. It is a very quick process with these easy steps:
- Set timer to the maximum time.
- Click on/off switch to the on position, wait 2-3 seconds and then click the switch to the off position.
- Wait another 2-3 seconds and then turn the switch back to on.
- Repeat this process until you have turned the unit on and off 10-15 times.
The unit may completely turn on after only 3-4 cycles but you will want to complete the process and repeat steps 1-3 the full 10 times. Cycling the tubes with the on/off process allows any debris on the tube filaments to be cleared. Once you complete this process, your light is ready to use!