The Sperti Vitamin D Sunlamp
The Sperti Vitamin D Sunlamp, model D/UV-F, provides the special UVB rays that will generate Vitamin D naturally in your body. Our Vitamin D Lamp is the only FDA recognized ultraviolet product for Vitamin D production in the human body, and independent studies have verified it’s effectiveness. The portable Vitamin D Lamp is easy-to-use and a convenient way to get Vitamin D quickly and naturally.
Join the Community
When you purchase the Vitamin D Home Test Kit, you become a part of the world’s largest Vitamin D project to solve deficiency. You may choose to enroll for a 1-time test with your health information, or you may even participate in the 5-year project, where you provide your health information along with a vitamin D test every 6 months for the 5-year period. Your participation over the next five years will help build a body of science that will allow for tracking health care outcomes associated with vitamin D levels.
- The Vitamin D portion of this test kit is part of a research project, and participation is required upon purchase, including filling out a questionnaire. Registration information and questionnaires may be reviewed prior to purchasing at www.grassrootshealth.net/projects.
- This testing is performed by an independent research organization. Sperti Sunlamps does not personally review or evaluate individual test results.
- Due to the nature of this product, this test kit is non-refundable and exempt from all promotions and discounts.
- Because of the import restrictions and state laws in place for the Vitamin D Test Kit, we are unable to ship this product anywhere outside of the U.S.
How high should my Vitamin D levels be?
The most accurate determination of vitamin D status is the measurement of 25-hydroxyvitamin D, or 25(OH)D, in the blood. A Scientists’ Call to Action has been issued by 48 international vitamin D researchers to alert the public to the importance of having vitamin D serum levels between 40 and 60 nanograms/milliliter (ng/ml) (100-150 nanomoles/liter, nmol/L) to prevent disease. Almost 90% of U.S. adults have vitamin D levels below that range! Use the D*Calculator to estimate an appropriate amount of vitamin D supplementation.
Vitamin D supplements taken in the same amount can produce hugely different blood levels in different individuals due to a number of dietary, lifestyle, and individual factors. The presence or absence of vitamin D cofactors (such as magnesium or vitamin K), malabsorption issues (such as a food intolerance), the time of day, whether you take your supplement with food, and whether you smoke or take prescription or over-the-counter medications will all influence blood levels in response to supplementation. It is important to remember that it is the blood level that has been related to specific health outcomes, not simply the intake amount.
The desirable blood range is 40-60 ng/mL (100-150 nmol/L). Testing, and re-testing 3-6 months after making your adjustments, is the only way to find out if you are in the target range for vitamin D.
The Sperti Vitamin D Sunlamp features include:
- Adjustable timer for 1 – 5 minutes of use. Unit automatically shuts off when timer is finished.
- No assembly required. The bulbs are installed and ready-to-use.
- Safe electric ballasts.
- 4 special UVB bulbs with a 1000 hour bulb life.
- Built for dual voltage operations from 110-240 volts. No converter is required. Each box contains a US cord; however, if shipping internationally, we can include either a Euro cord, UK cord or Australian cord.
- No prescription required!
- Two pairs of UV blocking eyewear included with each sunlamp.
- Dimensions are 22″ x 12″ x 6″ and weighs 14 lbs.
- In conformance with FDA sunlamp regulations and has been FDA tested.