Whether you only need to use your sunlamp during certain months of the year or maybe you’re planning to go away on vacation, it’s important to have a safe place to store your lamp when you aren’t using it. In order to keep your sunlamp just like new, keeping it safe and clean is very important. Here are some helpful tips to insure you are properly caring for your sunlamp.
- ALWAYS make sure that the cord is unplugged from the power outlet after each use.
- Do not keep the lamp in any wet or damp areas.
- Don’t set the lamp up near any heated surfaces or in direct sunlight.
- Avoid having the device in any extreme temperatures.
- From time to time, use a lightly damp towel or sanitary wipe to clean the outer shell of the device. Make sure you do not get any moisture near the sockets where the bulbs or cord attach.
- After use, allow the lamp at least 15 minutes to cool down before putting it away.
- Store the lamp in an area that cool and dry.
- Cover the lamp with something (towel, sheet, etc.) in order to protect it from dust, bugs or anything else that could get into the sockets and/or wiring.
- Make sure to keep the lamp in an area where it won’t get knocked over or damaged.
Following these easy steps will insure that your sunlamp will have a long lifespan. If you have any questions about caring for your sunlamp, you can call our office at: 800-544-3757