Our sunlamps are all packaged extremely well with foam on either side and protection over the fragile bulbs and even though the boxes are marked as ‘Fragile’ the shipping companies don’t always handle them with care. If the package was thrown around a lot during the shipping process, the bulbs may have shifted or the filament may have settled. When you receive your sunlamp, if it is not turning on right away, simply follow these few steps to get your lamp working perfectly again.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure that the cord in the back of the unit is fully inserted into the unit and plugged into a working outlet. Also, make sure the timer is turned on any time you are turning the sunlamp on.
- Now you will need to check and see if all of the bulbs are fully installed. If any of the bulbs have shifted out of their socket, it can cause the unit to not turn on. To know if a bulb is in the correct position, just check to see if the label on the bulb is facing straight forward. If one or more bulbs has turned, simply grip the bulb and gently twist it back into place – you should feel the bulb ‘lock’ into place. When the labels on all 4 bulbs are pointed straight ahead, then they should all be installed correctly.
- Since our sunlamps and the bulbs in them are brand new and have never been used, the filament in the bulbs may have settled which can cause them to flash or not turn on at all. In order to get the bulbs to turn on, you can follow these ignition instructions in order to get surges of power through the bulbs to clear out all of the filament:
- Turn the timer to 2 minutes
- Flip the on/off switch once every 1 second until the unit has turned on and off at least 10 times (flip switch on, wait 1 second, flip switch off, wait 1 second, flip switch on, etc.)
- Once all 4 bulbs fully light up, make sure to continue to turn the unit on and off another 3-4 times to insure that all of the filament is fully cleared.
Once you have followed all of these steps, your sunlamp should be turning on with ease. If you ever have any other questions or concerns, give our office a call and we would be happy to help: 800-544-3757