If you recently got a Sperti light and it did not turn on right away, that does not mean that it is broken or defective. There is a quick 60 second fix and your light will be working perfectly!
Since these are fluorescent bulbs, sometimes during the shipping process the filament in the bulbs can settle which could cause the light to flicker or not turn on at all. All you have to do is ignite the bulbs and then the unit will be turning on properly. Once you complete the ignition process once, you will never need to do it again.
Here are the steps to ignite the bulbs:
- Make sure that the unit is properly plugged in to a working outlet and make sure that the power cord is securely plugged into the back of the lamp.
- Make sure that all of the bulbs are completely installed. The logo on each bulb should be facing straight forward.
- Set timer to the maximum time.
- Click on/off switch to the on position, wait 2-3 seconds and then click the switch to the off position.
- Wait another 2-3 seconds and then turn the switch back to on.
- Repeat this process until you have turned the unit on and off 10-15 times.
In some special cases, it may take a few extra cycles to get the bulbs fully ignited. Once the bulbs are completely on, make sure to complete a few extra on/off cycles to make sure that all of the filament is cleared out of the bulbs. Once the lights are all fully igniting, you will never need to complete this process again.